Here is the link to the estimates by the Center for Immigration Studies regarding the number of illegal immigrants who would receive amnesty under the Dream Act currently under consideration by the Senate. As I noted yesterday, an estimated 2.1 million illegal immigrants would receive amnesty under the Dream Act, and an additional 1.4 million (estimated) parents and siblings might end up with de facto amnesty. Moreover, these estimates do not take into account the likelihood of fraud, which has plagued prior legalization programs.
According to Mark Kirkorian, supporters of the Dream Act claim it would give amnesty to only 60,000 illegals per year. However, Kirkorian notes that even the liberal Migration Policy Institute estimates that the Act would result in amnesty for more than 1 million illegals.
UPDATE: Fred Thompson chastises the Democrats for “trying to sneak what amounts to another amnesty bill through.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell