Today TNR editor Franklin Foer has posted his long-awaited climbdown from the magazine’s Baghdad Diarist columns by Scott Thomas Beauchamp. Foer’s 10,000-words are published under the heading “Fog of war.” It is a pathetic, evasive, self-justifying, self-pitying, and deeply dishonest emission of verbal fog. Too bad, instead of all the rationalizations, that he didn’t just apologize in a manly and direct way long ago as soon as the facts warranted an apology.
Bob Owens comments here, Michelle Malkin comments here, Hot AIr comments here, Glenn Reynolds comments here, Patterico comments here.
UPDATE: 4 Borders Pundit adds the graphic above.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell