Sky News reports that Benazir Bhutto was killed as the result of a shooting followed by a suicide bombing at a political rally where she spoke. Live coverage is available here. Max Boot comments here. Michelle Malkin has much more here.
JOHN adds: In a separate attack in Rawalpindi, gunmen fired on a rally for former premier Nawaz Sharif, killing at least four people. Sharif’s supporters claimed that the attack came from supporters of President Musharraf. Musharraf’s party denied any involvement. The attacks could have been coincidental, but it seems likely that they represent a coordinated attack on the electoral process, either by Muslim extremists or by supporters of Musharraf.
Here is video from Pakistan:
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Federal judge threatens to hold IRS commissioner and DOJ lawyers in contempt [With Comment by John]
- Lions, Triggers, and Critics, Oh My!
- What Carly can do: Quotable quotes
- We Live In a World Gone Mad
- What's Happening In States That Are Paying Attention Is Reassuring
- An Omnibus Climate And Green Weenie Update [With Derision by John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell