The Israeli left dominates Israel’s media in worse fashion than the left dominates the American media because of the relative paucity of media outlets and other counterweights in Israel. And the Israeli left is at least as sick as the American left. Thus the request by Haaretz editor David Landau to Secretary Rice that the United States “rape” Israel in order to bring peace, reported by Jewish Week and denied, sort of, by Landau, apart from the crudity of thought and expression, is not particularly surprising. But it is hard to imagine an imprecation that would be less appealing to Secretary Rice. A smarter appeal would cater to her vain delusions of beneficence. “Rape” misses the mark.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell