As I argue below, a candidate’s voting record is the best evidence of his place on the political spectrum, and his rhetorical flourishes should count for little or nothing in this regard. A candidate’s statements on his website rank somewhere in between.
In Barack Obama’s case, the website tells the same tale as the voting record, as Examiner columnist Melanie Scarborough shows.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell