The thought of Republicans descending on St. Paul to decamp at the House that Norm Built (Xcel Center) for the Republican National Convention next September is enough to unhinge some of the local Democratic humanoids. For example, take Saint Paul City Council President Dave Thune — please. Last week he led the Council in voting 4-3 to deny a request to let Saint Paul’s bars stay open until 4:00 a.m. during the week of the convention.
Fair enough on the merits, maybe — except that Thune’s rationale was that he didn’t want 8,000 “drunken Republican lobbyists,” well, “puking” in his yard. The remark led Sandy Pappas — the Democratic state senator who represents Thune’s ward in Saint Paul — to apologize from the floor of the Senate. Over the weekend, Thune elaborated: “I may have unfairly sullied the reputation of lobbyists….” It only gets worse. Over at Shot in the Dark, Mitch Berg administers justice, and keeps pouring it on.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Insane Left Hits Rock Bottom
- At the White House with Trump
- Judge blocks Trump's order on sanctuary cities
- Times Editorial Board Accuses Justice Gorsuch of Murder [with comment by Paul]
- 75 year-old vet acquitted of placing American flag at VA facility
- Former Official: Obama Administration Misled on Climate Change
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell