At an airport gate yesterday, I could hear CNN’s coverage of Ted Kennedy’s death–an event that looms much larger in the DC-media complex than it does anywhere else. Now the Democrats reportedly are readying to push their health care bill with a “win one for Teddy” theme.
This strikes me as pretty dumb. Kennedy was never popular with the general public. He was an effective behind-the-scenes Senator, but it was always we conservatives–not the liberals–who wanted to paint him as the face of the Democratic Party. Even his scandals, at this’ point, are old news. I think it will be hard to find a single voter who will change his mind about Obamacare if they call it Kennedycare, but there will probably be more than a few who see it as a transparently cynical ploy.
Andy McCarthy has similar thoughts.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
- White Supremacy, Or Self-Defense?
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell