The New York Times reports that Justice John Paul Stevens has hired only one clerk so far for next year’s term. Justices usually hire three to four clerks early in the summer, so the fact that Stevens has hired only one at this late stage is fueling speculation that the 89 year-old Justice’s retirement is imminent.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Our under-incarceration problem, Charlotte edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell