The White House has released the prepared text of President Obama’s “back to school” speech. The speech exhorts students to study hard and aim to achieve big things. It is devoid of any controversial content. As such, it is unobjectionable.
One might have hoped for less discussion of Obama himself, particularly the things he’s tried to accomplish in the area of education. But that hope would have been unrealistic with this president.
The speech does, of course, offer a potential springboard for teachers or administrators who wish to promote Obama and/or his agenda. This concern became particularly acute after the Department of Education produced its infamous “how can you help Obama” package. But with that particular package now inoperative, there is no good reason for Obama not to give his speech. Perhaps it will inspire a few students to perform better or accomplish more than they otherwise would have.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- The man our founders warned us against
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell