At a public event recently, California assemblyman Tom Ammiano heckled Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, yelling that Arnold should “kiss my gay ass.” The Assembly has just passed an Ammiano-sponsored bill relating to financing of the Port of San Francisco. Schwarzenegger vetoed the bill with this message; click to enlarge:
The Governor’s office says it’s just a “weird coincidence” that the letters that begin each line, read downward from the top, spell…well, you can figure it out. My own judgment, based on the letter’s rather strained locution, is that the message was intentional, although likely not by Arnold himself.
If only Schwarzenegger had shown more of this spirit in his dealings with the Assembly over the course of his administration.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another Reason Obama Knows He's In Trouble
- Democrats Losing, So They Change the Rules [Updated]
- How To Tell Even Obama Knows He's In Trouble
- Hispanic Voters Are Reagan Voters!
- The Ebola panic, the media, and the limits of government
- Ebola panic and the limits of political sanity [Updated With Classic Image]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell