At a public event recently, California assemblyman Tom Ammiano heckled Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, yelling that Arnold should “kiss my gay ass.” The Assembly has just passed an Ammiano-sponsored bill relating to financing of the Port of San Francisco. Schwarzenegger vetoed the bill with this message; click to enlarge:
The Governor’s office says it’s just a “weird coincidence” that the letters that begin each line, read downward from the top, spell…well, you can figure it out. My own judgment, based on the letter’s rather strained locution, is that the message was intentional, although likely not by Arnold himself.
If only Schwarzenegger had shown more of this spirit in his dealings with the Assembly over the course of his administration.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell