That’s the headline in the St. Louis Post Dispatch. The reference is to the attack on Kenneth Gladney by thugs from the SEIU, although if you didn’t already know that, I’m not sure you could glean it from the Post-Dispatch’s account. One of those charged is a Post-Dispatch reporter who allegedly failed to obey police commands to leave the scene of the disturbance.
The union thugs are charged only with misdemeanors, so I assume it’s unlikely they’ll go to jail. But they should.
Gateway Pundit has more.
UPDATE: It occurs to me that if these union thugs had been Navy SEALS apprehending a terrorist mass murderer of Americans, rather than agents of the Democratic Party trying to suppress expression of a political view with which the Democratic Party disagrees, they would have been treated far more harshly. Why do you think that is?
FURTHER UPDATE: Glenn Reynolds offers a simple answer: “Because the SEIU thugs are advancing the goals of people in power?”
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell