I was honored to be asked this year for the first time by Clay Waters of the Media Research Center’s Times Watch to pick the worst New York Times quote of the year. I served as a judge along with Thomas Lifson of the American Thinker and Donald Luskin of The Conspiracy to Keep You Poor and Stupid. Waters winnowed the field to nominate the worthy candidates among which the judges selected their winners. It’s interesting that each of the judges selected a different winner. I have to say this was one contest in which it can fairly be said there were no losers. They are all winners!
The Media Research Center also reports the results of its contest for the best notable quotables of 2009. The MRC convened a panel of 48 radio talk show hosts, magazine editors, columnists, editorial writers, and media observers, each of whom selected his or her choice for the first, second and third best quote from a slate of five to eight quotes in each category. The competition was stiff, but the MRC’s winner for quote of the year plumbs a certain depth that makes it deserving of the distinction.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
- Ted Cruz surges in Iowa
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell