Gabriel Ledeen served two tours in Iraq with the 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment. He is now studying at Stanford Law School. He writes to ask his friends to “read this article, written by decorated combat veteran and author David Bellavia. It is an almost perfect expression of what it feels like to be a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom (now concluded), trying to assimilate back into a society that doesn’t understand what our war was and is.” Readers may know Bellavia by House to House, his account of the Battle of Fallujah as seen through the eyes of an infantryman who was there and who played a heroic role in it.
JOHN adds: House to House is one of the most riveting books, and maybe the best book about warfare, I’ve read. If you haven’t read it, you should.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell