Gabriel Ledeen served two tours in Iraq with the 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment. He is now studying at Stanford Law School. He writes to ask his friends to “read this article, written by decorated combat veteran and author David Bellavia. It is an almost perfect expression of what it feels like to be a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom (now concluded), trying to assimilate back into a society that doesn’t understand what our war was and is.” Readers may know Bellavia by House to House, his account of the Battle of Fallujah as seen through the eyes of an infantryman who was there and who played a heroic role in it.
JOHN adds: House to House is one of the most riveting books, and maybe the best book about warfare, I’ve read. If you haven’t read it, you should.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell