As John noted below, Rand Paul has won the Kentucky Republican Senate primary. But here’s something odd — according to the results I’m looking at, with 83 percent of the precincts reporting in both the Democratic and Republican primaries, the total Republican vote is about 300,000 while the total Democratic vote is more than 400,000.
If, in fact, turnout was that much greater on the Democratic side, I’m wondering whether Rand Paul, whose appeal may be far from universal, will hold this seat for the Republicans.
For what it’s worth at this stage, the polls have Paul leading Democrat Jack Conway, who is a few percentage points ahead in his primary, but not by much.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell