Rand Paul reportedly has canceled his scheduled appearance on Meet the Press Sunday morning. According to The Hill, this is only the third such cancellation in the show’s history; the others were Louis Farrakhan in 1996 and Saudi Prince Bandar in 2003.
Presumably Paul’s advisers realized that their candidate is not ready for the MTP stage; maybe they concluded (as I would) that he just needs to disappear for a while after his gratuitous comments about the 1964 Civil Rights Act, followed by his ringing defense of British Petroleum.
I hate to say it, but I’m afraid Rand Paul could turn out to be as big an embarrassment to the Republican Party as his father.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Why Hillary Will Never Be President
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell