The latest Rasmussen survey of likely voters shows President Obama at the low point of his administration so far, with only 41 percent approving of his performance, while 58 percent disapprove. The Approval Index, the difference between the number who strongly approve and those who strongly disapprove, stands at -21, which I believe matches Obama’s low-water mark:
More than two-thirds of these interviews were conducted after Obama’s Oval Office speech on the Gulf spill, so the early returns, at least, suggest that the President failed to improve his position with voters. That shouldn’t be surprising, as the physical realities of the Gulf spill continue to trump any words Obama can utter about it.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell