The latest Rasmussen survey of likely voters shows President Obama at the low point of his administration so far, with only 41 percent approving of his performance, while 58 percent disapprove. The Approval Index, the difference between the number who strongly approve and those who strongly disapprove, stands at -21, which I believe matches Obama’s low-water mark:
More than two-thirds of these interviews were conducted after Obama’s Oval Office speech on the Gulf spill, so the early returns, at least, suggest that the President failed to improve his position with voters. That shouldn’t be surprising, as the physical realities of the Gulf spill continue to trump any words Obama can utter about it.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Our under-incarceration problem, Charlotte edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell