Think of it as the Czechs’ contribution to democracy: Female Czech MPs pose for calendar. The purpose, we’re told, is to “dispatch the traditional image of staid and serious parliamentarians.” Is that a good thing? Beats me, but the calendar should sell. Katerina Klasnova, the Vice speaker of parliament’s Chamber of Deputies, gets two months, January and August. They should have given her more:
Then there is Kristyna Koci, the Public Affairs Party’s chief negotiator:
It’s an interesting negotiating strategy. Rahm Emanuel should try it.
I draw no particular conclusion, except that the Czechs seem to be having a little more fun in their political lives than we are.
PAUL adds: My conclusion is that this calendar confirms the decline of Western Civilization, assuming the Czech Republic is part of that Civilization.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell