Bruce Springsteen has a song about cable television in which he laments that there are “57 channels and nothin’ on.” The name of the song, logically enough, is “57 Channels (And Nothin’ On).” I thought of Springsteen’s song in connection with incumbent Colorado Democratic Senator Michael Bennet’s admission that trillions of dollars of federal debt has been incurred through spending since he was appointed to the Senate in January 2009, but “we have nothing to show for it.” At Battle ’10, Michael Sandoval has a terrific round-up on Bennet’s admission under the heading “Bennet bombshell: Trillions in debt, ‘nothing to show for it.’”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell