A Merry Claremont Christmas posts holiday book recommendations of Claremont Institute friends running from Hadley Arkes to James Q. Wilson, Jean Yarbrough, and John Yoo. The list may be a little short on light reading this year, but it is definitely long on books that are worthy of your time. Please check it out.
Among the recommendations I intend to turn my attention to are The Journal of a Tour to the Hebrides, by James Boswell (recommended by Professor Arkes), The Violent Bear It Away, by Flannery O’Connor (recommended by my friend Bruce Sanborn), and Quartered Safe Out Here, by George MacDonald Fraser (recommended by Professor Wilson).
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- When Al Franken body-slammed a demonstrator
- The Week in Pictures: Body Slam Edition
- Trump resisters in robes: the Fourth Circuit's travel ban decision [UPDATED]
- Mugging Mr. Murray
- What Venezuela's Medical Crisis Tells Us About Socialism
- Tillerson declines to host Ramadan event at State Dept. (for now)
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell