I’m home tonight, supervising a New Year’s Eve party with a group of 14-year-old girls. Since they do not require my constant presence–to put it mildly–there is plenty of time to surf the web. I came across this video at the Sun. It isn’t embeddable, so you have to follow the link to watch it; this is a screen shot:
The video is of a guy named Jeb Corliss, who flies while wearing a bat suit. I haven’t quite figured out how he does it, but he is for real. The miracle is that he is still alive. The Sun video includes an interview with Corliss. This video, from YouTube, isn’t quite is good but is still pretty remarkable. It includes a little of the Switzerland footage near the end:
Corliss is one of those outliers who may or may not be crazy, but who push the envelope of human experience in a way that generally winds up benefiting us all.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The meaning of "Australia" [Updated With Chart: How Successful Was Australia?]
- Best Academic Abstract Ever [With Comments By John and Paul]
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violence
- Hide the women and children, the Supreme Court is back in session
- The Washington Nationals' horribly disappointing season, what went wrong?
- The Klobuchar kludge, cont'd
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell