It has been interesting to watch pundits of varying stripes respond to President Obama’s Libyan adventure. Some must have gotten whiplash from the sudden 180s they have done. Conservatives, in many cases, have no doubt been tougher on Obama than they would have been on a Republican administration. Still, the most unexpected turnabouts have come on the left. My old friend Bob Shrum shills shamelessly for a policy he no doubt would have opposed bitterly had it been carried out by a Republican. “Opposed” is putting it too mildly–if a Republican had attacked Libya without getting Congressional approval, Joe Biden is on record as saying he would have called for his impeachment. Whatever they may say today, it is hard to believe that many Democrats expected to be promoting this image midway through Obama’s term:
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell