President Obama spent last week doing the one thing he is really good at: raising money. The good news for the president is that the Bay Area is a gold mine for fundraising; the bad news is that Zombie lives there. She figured out the president’s itinerary and recorded his visit to San Francisco; you can see the photos here.
Zombie also posted this video, made by a Tea Party member named Steve Kemp. She points out that at around the two minute mark, an Obama supporter expresses puzzlement at the fact that the federal government has to borrow money. Can’t we just print it? she asks. This is the impenetrable ignorance that the Republicans will have to overcome next year. At the end of the video, “Facebook commands the Palo Alto cops to keep Obama skeptics off its property, but allow Obama fans to approach freely.” Which is emblematic, I guess, of the fact that Obama continues to enjoy the support of the establishment:
What I really like best about the video is that we get to hear “Eve of Destruction.” It’s been a long time, and it is fun to realize that our side now gets to play that tune.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- We Live In a World Gone Mad
- What Carly can do
- What Carly can do: Quotable quotes
- What's Happening In States That Are Paying Attention Is Reassuring
- Federal judge threatens to hold IRS commissioner and DOJ lawyers in contempt [With Comment by John]
- Kerry refuses to commit to follow U.S. law on sanctions
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell