I’m about to get ready for bed. Why, you ask, since it is only 8:30 in the central time zone? Because my wife, an Anglophile, is going to get up at 3 a.m. to watch the royal wedding. So if the alarm clock is going off at 3, I’ve got to get some sleep. But first, these reflections on the primacy of Minnesota in world affairs.
In 2009, a couple from St. Paul, Minnesota got married at a local church. They introduced a fun twist: the wedding party, to the guests’ surprise, danced down the aisle. Someone filmed it, and it became one of the most-viewed videos in YouTube history, with 65 million so far–more than the population of the United Kingdom. Here it is:
This video became so famous that when Jim and Pam got married on The Office, they borrowed the theme. But that isn’t all: T-Mobile, in a streak of marketing genius, copied Jill and Kevin’s Minnesota wedding, and adapted it to tomorrow’s ceremony. So far, almost 14 million people have seen it on YouTube. You may well be one of that group; if not, here it is. The actors, generally, look amazingly like the real people:
So there you have it. Minnesota leads the world. Jill and Kevin in St. Paul today, William and Catherine at Westminster Abbey in a couple of years.
Now, it’s off to bed. Tomorrow starts early!
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Can all these talking heads be right?
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- Treason of the Professors
- Clinton emails contained top secret info derived from satellite spying on North Korean nukes
- More Than Half of Immigrants on Public Assistance
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell