Yesterday marked three years since the Democrat-controlled Senate last passed a budget. In violation of federal law, Harry Reid and his confederates have simply refused, for three years, to put their plans for federal spending on paper. In the last three years, the federal government has spent $10.4 trillion and the national debt has increased by $4.5 trillion. The sheer irresponsibility of Washington Democrats is breathtaking. It is hard to say which is worse–the Senate scofflaws refusing to propose any budget at all, or President Obama’s offering consecutive budgets so extreme that neither could garner a single vote in Congress, losing by a combined 511-0. Granted that we have a lot of low-information voters, is it conceivable that Americans will return such a derelict party to power?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Clinton among friends
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell