Remember Obamamania? It is easy to forget how many celebrities–and others, too–made fools of themselves over Obama in 2008 and the early days of his administration. At Reason, Anthony Fisher and Nick Gillespie remind us of the hilarious 2009 video in which various celebrities pledged to serve President Obama, and wonder how diligently they have followed up on their promises. It is a wonderful reminder both of the fatuity of our celebrity class, and the emptiness of the fervor generated by candidate Obama. Amazing as it now seems, the original 2009 video is NOT a parody:
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Paging Dr. Emily Litella: Another Science Fraud Exposed
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell