I agree about the Newsweek article. Like most conventional-media coverage of blogging, it isn’t particularly inaccurate, but is condescending in tone. It focuses more on the use of blogs by teenagers than on the increasingly significant counterweight that people like Glenn Reynolds, Andrew Sullivan and Mickey Kaus are providing to mainstream news sources. The Newsweek article mentions the war bloggers, which I guess is the category we fall into even though we write about lots of stuff other than the war, but again fails to suggest the extent to which blogs have become important clearinghouses for information for the segment of our population that is most concerned (and most knowledgeable) about current events.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell