More on “Barbershop:” Frontpagemag has a thoughtful column by Toronto attorney Marni Soupcoff on Jesse Jackson’s complaint. You may recall that Jesse Jackson’s current demand is that the politically incorrect, utterly hilarious monologues of Eddie the Barber be deleted from the film.
We have scrupulously sought to maintain the Power Line as a family publication. We ask your forebearance to violate this policy by quoting Ms. Soupcoff’s conclusion that says almost everything that needs to be said here: “At one point in Barbershop, one of the customers warns Eddie that he’d better not let Jesse Jackson hear his iconoclastic remarks, but Eddie is not cowed. ‘F*** Jesse Jackson!’ he says.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell