Nice history lesson, Deacon. I think you’re right; I’m sure Rocket Prof will let us know if he dissents. Here is the latest on our friend John Kline’s Congressional race. You may remember that the race includes a “dirty tricks” angle–the campaign manager for John’s opponent, incumbent Bill Luther, recruited a long-time DFL activist to file under the banner of the nonexistent “No New Taxes” party in order to siphon off conservative support from Kline. Luther has now become the latest in a long series of public figures to “take full responsibility” for a scandal without actually, you know, taking any responsibility. Like so many others, he “takes responsibility” strictly as a prelude to the inevitable plea that it is time to “move on.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell