Here are a group of “human shields” standing next to their “London to Baghdad” bus. We have followed their journey, but this is the first photo I’ve seen of them. I didn’t realize they had t-shirts. Maybe when their “Human Shield” t-shirts go in the wash, they can get some of those “Saddam Hussein–We Support of You” t-shirts from the Indonesian vendor in yesterday’s post.
General Tommy Franks said that the U.S. Army “can not guarantee the safety of civilians who deliberately position themselves as human shields against attack on Iraqi targets.” Well, I should hope not. If we could guarantee their safety, they wouldn’t be much use as shields, would they?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The meaning of "Australia" [Updated With Chart: How Successful Was Australia?]
- Best Academic Abstract Ever [With Comments By John and Paul]
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violence
- Bon Jovi to Waters: Drop Dead!
- Hide the women and children, the Supreme Court is back in session
- The Washington Nationals' horribly disappointing season, what went wrong?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell