Here are a group of “human shields” standing next to their “London to Baghdad” bus. We have followed their journey, but this is the first photo I’ve seen of them. I didn’t realize they had t-shirts. Maybe when their “Human Shield” t-shirts go in the wash, they can get some of those “Saddam Hussein–We Support of You” t-shirts from the Indonesian vendor in yesterday’s post.
General Tommy Franks said that the U.S. Army “can not guarantee the safety of civilians who deliberately position themselves as human shields against attack on Iraqi targets.” Well, I should hope not. If we could guarantee their safety, they wouldn’t be much use as shields, would they?
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell