In the country of country, it’s okay to love America. Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, and Charlie Daniels have given voice to a lot of us in expressing love of America in their music. Daryl Worley is the latest example of this phenomenon with his song “Have you forgotten?” This morning’s Washington Times has a terrific story on the song: “Hit country song bucks entertainment anti-war trend.”
UPDATE by Hindrocket: Well said, Trunk. And don’t forget the Dixie Chicks’ lovely Traveling Soldier, now rising to the top of the charts. This song may be the most sympathetic treatment of Vietnam and the young men who fought there that has appeared in the popular culture. It was a sweet moment, I thought, when the Chicks performed Traveling Soldier on Saturday Night Live a few weeks ago. Thirty years too late, but sweet nonetheless.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell