Did the Germans seek to isolate and enslave American Jewish prisoners of war? I did not know that they did. How did their comrades-in-arms respond? Tonight public television broadcasts the enraging, inspirational Charles Guggenheim documentary “Berga,” telling the story of Americans taken prisoner by the Germans in the Battle of the Bulge. None of the standard accounts of the battle tells this story. Learn the name of Hans Kasten, a peculiarly American hero, and remember his mighty deeds. Dorothy Rabinowitz has a characteristically excellent account of the show in the Wall Street Journal today: “Prisoners of another war.” Click here for WNET’s home page on the show, including access to highlights of the program and much additional information.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell