The New York Times admits that today’s great economic news “gave Mr. Bush and his party a compelling piece of evidence to back their assertions that they have put the nation back on the road to prosperity a year before Election Day.” Earlier today I wondered what the Dem spin would be. Here it is, from troglodyte Democratic Senator Kent Conrad:
“The president’s policy, as I see it, props up the economy in the short-term, but the growth of deficits and debt under his plan undermines economic growth in the long-term. It’s a little like a drunk going on a binge. It feels good for awhile, but you all know the hangover is coming.”
Gosh, that description reminds me a bit of…the late 1990’s.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Clinton among friends
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell