Brian Anderson is the managing editor of City Journal magazine, the quarterly publication of the Manhattan Instititute, and the author of the new book South Park Conservatives: The Revolt Against Liberal Media Bias. The book is instructive, entertaining, and heartening. Power Line is a small part of the story that Brian has to tell in the book.
We asked Brian if he would consent to give us a thematic tour of the book in the hope that both the book and the interview would prove of interest to our readers. We forwarded Brian a set of questions about the book, and he has responded in a manner that has caused our cup to overflow.
We’ll break the interview into two parts. Below Brian discusses the phenomenon of liberal media bias, the rise of conservative talk radio, and the impact of FOX News. Tomorrow in part two of the interview we take up the subject of the blogosphere, the rise of conservative publishing, and campus conservatives. Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, we proudly present the Power Line interview with Brian Anderson.
PL: We’re huge fans of City Journal. How does the book relate to your work with the magazine?
BA: Thanks, Scott; we
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Treason of the Professors
- Can all these talking heads be right?
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- Clinton emails contained top secret info derived from satellite spying on North Korean nukes
- More Than Half of Immigrants on Public Assistance
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell