Columnist Amity Shlaes — author of The Greedy Hand, formerly of the Wall Street Journal editorial board and the Financial Times — has emerged as a linkable columnist for Bloomberg News. Her current column on the Enron debacle is a good one. She recalls Sam Insull, Enron, what Enron did to the culture of accounting, the wiring of Chicago and how we are reminded of this again from the trial of Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling. As is her custom, Amity draws on economic history to illuminate current events.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell