On Thursday, Mitt Romney appeared on an Iowa radio station where the host, a conservative, questioned him aggressively about his Mormon faith and suggested that his former pro-choice position was inconsistent with his religion. Romney responded in his usual intelligent and good-humored manner. What’s really interesting is that the conversation continues after the station goes to a long commercial break. Romney may not have realized that he was still being filmed; in any event, he gives an excellent exposition of the Mormon Church’s position on issues like abortion, and how that relates (or doesn’t) to his secular position as a candidate for office. It’s an impressive performance, and as good a window into Mitt Romney the man, as well as the candidate, as I’ve seen. Eventually, Romney loses patience with the radio host’s inability to understand his point.
Via Hugh Hewitt.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell