Things are getting quite nasty on the Republican side of the presidential race, especially between Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney. That these two would clash seems almost inevitable, given the stakes in New Hampshire where Romney leads but Giuliani is within striking distance. A Romney win in the Granite State, coupled with a win in Iowa, would give him a plausible claim to frontrunner status. A Giuliani win might represent a knockout blow to Romney.
The Washington Post offers this account of the weekend war of words between the two. Romney argues that Giuliani fails to measure up as
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell