Things are getting quite nasty on the Republican side of the presidential race, especially between Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney. That these two would clash seems almost inevitable, given the stakes in New Hampshire where Romney leads but Giuliani is within striking distance. A Romney win in the Granite State, coupled with a win in Iowa, would give him a plausible claim to frontrunner status. A Giuliani win might represent a knockout blow to Romney.
The Washington Post offers this account of the weekend war of words between the two. Romney argues that Giuliani fails to measure up as
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Cultural Differences, Assimilation and Immigration Policy
- Holder DOJ expert witness: blacks are dumber and less civic-minded than whites
- The Blame America First Liberals Are Back
- Fusion at Last? Not So Fast
- The Democrats Go Back to Their Racist Roots [Updated]
- Deperate Dems "not ready to accept defeat"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell