…I dunno, maybe Jon Stewart comes next. I don’t accept the proposition that liberal comedians who aren’t funny are somehow arbiters of popular culture, let alone public policy. Still, the fact that Obama’s actual policies (not his failure to be a liberal messiah) were lampooned in this vulgar, sometimes-funny skit on SNL last night does seem significant:
“I am noticing that each of your plans to save money involves spending even more money.” That’s not exactly a revelation to those who have been paying attention, but it’s legitimate political commentary that may be news to some in the SNL audience.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell