…I dunno, maybe Jon Stewart comes next. I don’t accept the proposition that liberal comedians who aren’t funny are somehow arbiters of popular culture, let alone public policy. Still, the fact that Obama’s actual policies (not his failure to be a liberal messiah) were lampooned in this vulgar, sometimes-funny skit on SNL last night does seem significant:
“I am noticing that each of your plans to save money involves spending even more money.” That’s not exactly a revelation to those who have been paying attention, but it’s legitimate political commentary that may be news to some in the SNL audience.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The meaning of "Australia" [Updated With Chart: How Successful Was Australia?]
- Best Academic Abstract Ever [With Comments By John and Paul]
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violence
- Bon Jovi to Waters: Drop Dead!
- Hide the women and children, the Supreme Court is back in session
- The Washington Nationals' horribly disappointing season, what went wrong?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell