Yes we can. It is possible, if unlikely. Scott Elliott spells out what it would take for the GOP to reclaim a majority in the Senate. In light of developments yesterday in Illinois and Indiana, the odds don’t look quite as long. In Indiana, for example, former Senator Dan Coats has emerged as a possible contender against incumbent Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh, “instantly transforming Indiana into a competitive race.”
Indiana presents an interesting case. Recall that it was a junior congressman named Dan Quayle who washed out the seemingly invincible Birch Bayh (Evan Bayh’s father) in the 1980 Reagan tide. Evan Bayh impersonates a moderate, but he has been a reliable supporter of the liberal agenda as needed in Washington. If political currents continue to run against Obama among independents, Dan Coats may well help Bayh claim his own piece of the family legacy.
UPDATE: Chris Cillizza has more here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Dishonest CIA Director Rips Trump; Trump Should Rip Him Back [Updated]
- 300 US Jewish leaders are with you
- Power Line's Inauguration Liberal Beclowning Contest
- Trump likely to move Britain to the front of the queue
- Trump meets with Judge Pryor as rumored "short list" emerges
- Britain sticks up for Israel: Is this the Trump effect?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell