Bill Clinton is back in the limelight. Today, he led a rally for embattled Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln. Clinton made an impassioned plea to Democratic voters in his former home state not to let “outside forces” make an example of Lincoln for her failure to toe the party line (by which he surely meant the leftist line). “This is about using you and manipulating your votes to terrify members of Congress and members of the Senate,” the podium-pounding former president explained. According to Politico, however, the crowd Clinton drew at the start of the holiday weekend was far smaller than what he’s drawn for candidates in other states.
Recent polls show Lincoln a few points behind challenger Bill Halter. It’s fascinating to see Clinton putting his prestige on the line to try and salvage her campaign. If Halter wins, the left will not only have claimed Lincoln’s scalp, it will to some extent have claimed Clinton’s. Maybe then, the MSM will stop talking about how right-wingers are taking over the Republican party long enough to notice. But maybe not.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell