Democrats are generally high-minded–can’t we all just get along?–until they are in danger of losing. Then the truth comes out. Loretta Sanchez is a liberal California Democrat who poses as a moderate. This year, she faces a strong challenge from Republican Van Tran. Sanchez’s polling must be turning negative, because she has launched–in Spanish–a racist attack against Van Tran and his supporters.
Prepare to be disgusted as you see this liberal Democrat fire up her Spanish-speaking base by telling them that “the Vietnamese and the Republicans are trying to take away this seat.”
It will be interesting to see whether a single prominent Democrat will denounce, or even distance himself from, Sanchez’s racism. My guess is that the number of Democrats who do so will be zero. If that is the case, what can we conclude about the Democratic Party, historically the party of slavery and Jim Crow?
You can follow the link above to contribute to Van Tran’s campaign.
UPDATE: This story is starting to trickle out, as the Orange County Register covered it, and now the Associated Press has taken notice.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Hillary, "to be honest"
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- More Comedy from the Times
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- The social science behind Ted Cruz's notice of "voter violation"
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell