Drudge is headlining this Reuters/Ipsos poll on how Americans view Barack Obama as a military leader. I think my answer would have been that he is not a military leader at all, but here is how responses broke down:
Strong and decisive: 17%
Cautious and Consultative: 48%
Indecisive and Dithering: 36%
Through pretty much all of American history, those numbers would have spelled doom, but I doubt that they are a particularly bad sign for President Obama. Few of those who voted for him thought they were electing a strong and decisive military leader, nor did most of them want such a leader. The 36% who consider Obama indecisive and dithering–a fair evaluation, I think–represents the portion of the electorate who find him wanting more or less across the board.
So one could say that this is an instance where Obama benefits from low expectations.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell