Comedian Robert Klein captures something of the pride and insecurity of the Jewish people with a bit that seems to erupt from his subconscious. In his most recent HBO special he advises the audience: “Bernie Madoff — not Jewish. I hear he’s really Episcopalian. Jack Abramoff, not Jewish. Sully Sullenberger is Jewish. I know his family, from Boston. They’re herring merchants.”
I thought of Klein’s list yesterday. Now he can update it with the addition of IMF Managing Director and accused rapist Dominique Strauss-Kahn. Dominique Strauss-Kahn — not Jewish. Hey, his name is Dominique.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Could Liberal Disgust With Campus Brownshirts Be Reaching Critical Mass?
- Benghazi emails show that Clinton's aides used private accounts
- The New Republic Hits a New Low
- Peace in our time, multicultural style
- John Brennan assesses
- Justice Kennedy's testimony about gridlock harkens back to Obamacare case
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill