Ron Paul is leading President Obama in the latest Harris Poll. How can that be? Simple: President Obama is unpopular, so any Republican runs pretty well against him. But Ron Paul?! Sure: most people don’t know much about individual Republican candidates at this point, so they generally run about the same, distinguished mainly by name recognition. Some do worse than the norm, like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann; this is because the press has made a point of demonizing them. The press hasn’t bothered to go after Ron Paul, so crazy uncle Ron Paul polls like a generic Republican. Still, results like these must send a shudder through the White House…
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cromnibus Gruber Torture Edition
- Did Ted Cruz just pave the way for confirming a wave of Obama nominees?
- The uses and misuses of Eric Garner's death
- Conservative Muslim's opinions produce "existential worry" at University of Michigan
- Risen risin'
- Prog Rock Digression for a Lazy Saturday
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell