Ron Paul is leading President Obama in the latest Harris Poll. How can that be? Simple: President Obama is unpopular, so any Republican runs pretty well against him. But Ron Paul?! Sure: most people don’t know much about individual Republican candidates at this point, so they generally run about the same, distinguished mainly by name recognition. Some do worse than the norm, like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann; this is because the press has made a point of demonizing them. The press hasn’t bothered to go after Ron Paul, so crazy uncle Ron Paul polls like a generic Republican. Still, results like these must send a shudder through the White House…
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Hillary, "to be honest"
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- More Comedy from the Times
- The social science behind Ted Cruz's notice of "voter violation"
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell