In exploiting kids as props to promote his schemes of the moment, President Obama stoops to conquer. He’s done it before and he’ll do it again. It worked — rhetorically, at least — for Bill Clinton. As I recall, just about every damn exertion of federal control or expansion of the welfare state was for the children. Obama is picking up where Clinton left off and “improving” on him. The kids can be used to argue just about any point, though, can’t they?
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- In search of an honest liberal
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell