After a brief hiatus attributable to Brian Ward’s lavish vacation schedule, Brian and I recorded Episode 44 of the Hinderaker-Ward Experience last night. We discussed the issues of the day, including:
* The weather (cold)
* The election of Pope Francis and papal naming conventions
* The recently concluded CPAC convention in DC
* Rand Paul and illegal immigration
* Loon of the Week (a double shot of sequestration hysteria)
* This Week in Gatekeeping (there’s nothing I can do to reverse the acid treatment on your face, but it reminds me of a funny story)
We were also joined by Peter Berkowitz, a distinguished political scientist and author of the hot, controversial new book, Constitutional Conservatism: Liberty, Self-Government, and Political Moderation. Peter’s book is not only a guide to how libertarians and social conservatives can come together to win elections, but also a terrific short history of conservatism. And I do mean short–120 pages. Follow the link to buy it at Amazon.
You can listen to the podcast by playing it right here, or you can go to Ricochet to download or subscribe to the podcast in various ways, or you can hit the subscribe button in the graphic above to subscribe on iTunes or elsewhere. Or you can use Stitcher. There are many ways to experience the Hinderaker-Ward Experience, but I think the best is by subscribing on iTunes. That way, you never have to worry about missing an episode.