So while the New York Times is going with “incorrect promise” (a phrase that has never appeared in the paper before that anyone can find) to describe Obama’s “terminological inexactitude” (Churchill’s famous term for “lie”), Obama is going with “we fumbled.” Fumbled, eh? I know many people like the Evil Genius Deliberate Failure Hypothesis, and I have previously stuck with Uhlmann’s Razor, but it’s getting harder and harder not to credit the idea. It’s starting to look more like one of those old Oakland Raider trick fumble plays, isn’t it?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Could Liberal Disgust With Campus Brownshirts Be Reaching Critical Mass?
- Benghazi emails show that Clinton's aides used private accounts
- Justice Kennedy's testimony about gridlock harkens back to Obamacare case
- The world turned upside down, Obama style
- The New Republic Hits a New Low
- Does Howard Schultz know about this?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell