Friday on my mind

Late this past Friday afternoon the FBI conducted its second document dump in the Clinton email case. To those paying attention it has become clear that the case has compromised the FBI and destroyed the reputation of FBI Director of James Comey. These Friday afternoon document dumps come straight from the scandal management playbook perfected under the (Bill) Clinton administration. They remind us, in case any reminder was necessary, of how much we have to look forward to in the event the Clintons return to the White House. I nevertheless find it shocking that the FBI itself has now adopted the routine, acting as a party with much to be ashamed of. I collected early pieces and a few related revelations presenting a first take on the 190 pages of interview notes in “Scandal management with the FBI.”

In the New York Observer John Schindler explains “The FBI investigation of emailgate was a sham.” Subhead: “We now have incontrovertible proof the Bureau never had any intention of prosecuting Hillary Clinton.” Andrew McCarthy’s NRO column similarly argues “Obama’s conflict tanked the Clinton email investigation.”

Among the revelations reported over the weekend in the first pass at the documents was President Obama’s use of a pseudonym in email correspondence with Clinton on on the private email account maintained on her insecure server. Now Jonathan Allen reports for Reuters: “Clinton server tech told FBI of colleagues’ worries about system.” Excerpt:

“… The newly released interview summaries from the FBI investigation show government employees undercutting other aspects of the public accounts given by Clinton and senior State officials.

“A State Department employee, whose name was redacted, told investigators they believed senior department officials interfered with the screening of Clinton’s emails for public release …

“The employee, who worked on the screening process, said there was pressure to obscure the fact they were finding classified information in the messages. … Clinton repeatedly said last year she never sent or received classified information …

“The State Department has said that Clinton did not include any of her emails with Petraeus when her lawyers screened and returned what they said were all her work emails in 2014. A single conversation of about 10 emails later emerged last year after the Defense Department provided it.

“The employee also said the Defense Department told the State Department last year it had found about 1,000 emails between Clinton and David Petraeus in its records from his time as the director of the United States Central Command.” …

At PJ Media Debra Heine expands on that last bombshell regarding the deleted Petraeus emails in “FBI Docs: Hillary Deleted Nearly 1,000 Emails With David Petraeus.” Excerpt:

“A potentially explosive nugget from the FBI’s Friday document dump of investigatory notes from the Clinton email probe has been all but ignored by the media. And that is the revelation that Hillary Clinton deleted 1,000 work-related emails between herself and General David Pet[r]aeus from his time as the director of the United States Central Command. …

“In August of 2015, she signed a statement to a federal judge declaring “under penalty of perjury” that she turned over all work-related emails. …

“Petraeus started out as the leader of U.S. Central Command and then became the director of the CIA during Clinton’s tenure as secretary of State, so not only were those emails obviously work related, they very likely were highly classified. The implications here are staggering.

But it gets worse.

The FBI summary also revealed that top State Department officials were actually putting pressure on employees to hide the fact that they were finding classified information in Clinton’s emails.” …

Today Catherine Herridge and Pamela Browne report “FBI doc dump on email case reveals role of ‘confidential’ Clinton aide.” It is an article replete with evidence of additional criminal misconduct in the Clinton email scandal.

Responses

-->