U.S. News and World Report has a compelling account of “the inside story of how U.S. terrorist hunters are going after al Qaeda”: “Playing offense.” (Courtesy of Right Wing News.) The story notes something I have long believed — that when al Qaeda attacked the United States on 9/11, they thought they were still dealing with Bill Clinton. They expected us to do no more than to lob a few cruise missiles at a meaningless target.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Corrections of the day [Updated With One More]
- What is to be done?
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell