U.S. News and World Report has a compelling account of “the inside story of how U.S. terrorist hunters are going after al Qaeda”: “Playing offense.” (Courtesy of Right Wing News.) The story notes something I have long believed — that when al Qaeda attacked the United States on 9/11, they thought they were still dealing with Bill Clinton. They expected us to do no more than to lob a few cruise missiles at a meaningless target.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The meaning of "Australia" [Updated With Chart: How Successful Was Australia?]
- Best Academic Abstract Ever [With Comments By John and Paul]
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violence
- Hide the women and children, the Supreme Court is back in session
- Bon Jovi to Waters: Drop Dead!
- The Washington Nationals' horribly disappointing season, what went wrong?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell